CHCIC301D - Story: Even eagles need a push

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
janAiken
Participator
Participator

CHCIC301D - Story: Even eagles need a push

Post by janAiken » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi everyone would you be able to read the story and help me how to answer the question.

Story:Even Eagles need a push

The Eagle gently coaxed her offspring toward the edge of her nest.Her heart quivered with conflicting emotions as she felt their resistance to persistent nudging."Why does the thrill of soaring have to begin with the fair of falling?"she thought.This ageless question was still un answered for her.
As in the tradition of eagles,her nest was located high on the shelf of a sheer rock face.Below there was nothing but air to support the wings of each young eagle,"It is possible that this time it will not work?"the mother eagle thought.Despite her fears,the eagle knew it was time.Her parental mission was almost complete.There remained one final task-push.
The mother eagle drew courage from an innate wisdom.Until her young discovered their wings,there was no purpose for their lives.Until they learned how to soar,they would fail to understand the previlege it was to be born an eagle.The push was the greatest gift the mother eagle had to offer.It was her supreme act of love.And so one by one she pushed them….and they flew.

Question:After reading "Even Eagles need a push"by David Mcnally,compare your roles as a childcare worker and the realistic expectations you would have for children.For example,providing opportunities for success.

My Answer:In realistic expectation, we expect children to become responsible, emotionally independent and excel academically. As a childcare worker, we can only provide children the foundation for all future development by offering them the appropriate opportunities and experience’s which can enhances their development at stage.We can help them to become responsible and independent by guiding or modelling their behaviour, and helping them to understand themselves and families, communities in which they live, and giving them the confidences by teaching those new skills they need to cope with the demands of life and to fulfill their own individual goals.

*******Im a little bit confused where to start so additional feedback/information would be great*****

Thanks guys;
tonie :)

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301D - Story: Even eagles need a push

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:48 pm

Hi Tonie, I haven't read that story before. It's really nice. The first thing that comes to my mind when I was reading it is mother's learning to let go and allow us (childcare workers) to care and nurture their child. Sometimes I feel that some parents have fears of leaving their child but it's kinda like "a supreme act of love" for a child to be put into childcare, if parents have to work etc.. After reading your answer, it sounds like what you wrote is good and thought out.

elizabeth

Post by elizabeth » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:02 pm

That is an awesome story. Is it okay if I copy and keep it?

janAiken
Participator
Participator

Post by janAiken » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Hi,sorry for the late reply as I havent use my account for ages,,...i personally thought it was very inspiring story and i think it maybe safe to copy it for personal interest and i did include the name of the author...cheers