CHCIC301D Need help please

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JadeeDaniellee

CHCIC301D Need help please

Post by JadeeDaniellee » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi I need help with my assignment. The question is "Outline strategies staff could use to ensure that they are using appropriate and respectful verbal and non-verbal forms of communication with all of the children". This is a case study were there are child of different multicultural backgrounds and some can't speak English I have some verbal and non-verbal but I need some more non-verbal
The non-verbal ones I have are have staff members using same method (such as hand gestures) do that the children begin to understand what you are implying, talk to the parent of the children and find out simple words and phrases in their home language, provide support through an interpreter to help you communicate with the child, when they do something be sure to praise them and the last one that I have is display visual images around the rooms for the children to visually understand what they need to do

mck

Re: CHCIC301D Need help please

Post by mck » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi there,
You need to also think about cultural aspects for communication of families. Imagine if you gave a thumbs up gesture for well done, but in the child's culture it meant something inappropriate-oraword. Just a thought.

JadeeDaniellee

Re: CHCIC301D Need help please

Post by JadeeDaniellee » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks but I have finished that question