CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
futuredreams

CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Post by futuredreams » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:43 am

Miko is being dropped off by his mother who is form Egypt and is wearing a Burka. Jack (4 years) runs over to Miko after his mother has left and asks Miko, "why is your mother wearing that funny dress? it's silly." Miko responds by showing he is upet and hitting Jack on the shoulder. The carer overhears and approaxhes to respond.

Suggest an appropriate carer response that suports both Jack and Miko.

I'm also once again slightly confused as what I should write as a response for this quetion. Could someone please help me? Thank you (:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Put yourself in this situation ... if you were in a room and saw this what would you say to the two children?

Think along the lines that Jack perhaps has never seen a lady in a Burka before and has no concept of what it is, to him it just is strange and looks funny....so what would you say to him?
Miko probably lacks the ability at that age to verbalise what he feels so responds by hitting....what would you say to him?

If you post your answer then I can read through it and help you a bit more if you need it.