CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
futuredreams

CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Post by futuredreams » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 am

For each paragraph suggest a carer interaction that will model curiousity, trial and error ot problem-solving.
Photograph One: Caitlin (3.11 years) is playing with playdough pushing it through a plunger.

I'm slightly confused as to what to write as a response. Would someone be able tp help me? Thank you (:

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: CHCIC301D - Interact effectively with children

Post by cathiek » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:11 pm

Future dreams - that would be simple things like saying to the child 'i wonder what would happen if you - put more playdough in/squirted the plunger fast/tried to make it like an ice cream cone etc. It is all about fostering curiosity and letting children know there is not just one 'right' way to do things.
Hope this helps
Cathiek

futuredreams

Post by futuredreams » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Thank you for your help. It gave me more understanding of the question (:

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kaz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:06 am

Also put yourself in the area the child is, this case playdough, sit with the 'child' and 'pretend' that you can't get something right either and ask them how you can fix it, Sometimes it is easier that way(I know in this one you are given what to do), But in 'real life' you are getting them to help you think of ways so therefore it is totally their doing and you have only handed them the problem... Than once you have worked out how to get the play dough thru the plunger(or whatever) ask them what can we do now. The questioning will flow from there for you and they are again doing all the work