CHCIC301D - Help please!

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kristy hooker

CHCIC301D - Help please!

Post by kristy hooker » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi all,
I have only recently started studying my certificate III and I am a little stuck and I was wondering if someone could possibly help me.

Create 2 scenarios. One of these is to be about working with children 0-6 years and the other about working with children 6-12 years.

Background for scenario:
Imagine that the child has only been attending the service for one week. The child and the family members have had an orientation but you are still trying to get to know each other.

Your scenarios should include 3 or 4 examples of your interactions throughout the day. You may give an example of your interactions at arrival, during play, at luch or sleep time, at departure and at other significant times during the day.

Your scenarios should include information about how you would interact with the child and the dialogue that you would use with the child.

Ensure that each scenario details how you would incorporate each of the following considerations:
1. An appropriate styke of language
2. Using keywords that have meaning for the child
3. Appropriate non-verbal communication
4. Non-stereotypic and respectful interactions
5. Using a range of communication skills, for example listening, empathising, open-ended questioning
6. Allowing sufficient time for the child to expree his/her ideas.

(Appox 300 words per scenario).

I need help on how to start this. I just dont really understand how I would start the scenario.

Any help with be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Kristy

Lorina

Re: CHCIC301D - Help please!

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:31 pm

Hey Kristy,

Just to let you know that this question has already been answered in this forum. Here is the link:

http://www.aussiechildcarenetwork.com/v ... f=35&t=377

Please remember to post up your response so far in order to receive support from the team.

Cheers :geek:,
L.A