CHCFC502 - Gross Motor Learning Story

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
nicoletteb

CHCFC502 - Gross Motor Learning Story

Post by nicoletteb » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:08 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC502 A - Fine & Gross Motor Activities
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
I need to do a gross motor skill learning story with one child or small group.

I need to connect the learning story with the correct EYLF

Also, I need to do an evaluation to this learning story!

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I got photos with toddlers climbing up a climbing wall, walking over a 'hanging bridge, trying to get on a balancing beam and one sliding on another beam with her bottom. This is what I got so far

Today, while we were setting up the outdoor area the children got really excited about the euipment we were setting up. Leo immediately went to have a go at the climbing wall and Melissa tried her balance on the balance beam. Oscar went for the hanging bridge and looked at me and said 'Wow! It feels like I'm on a boat!'
Sammy tried to stand up on the balance beam but did not know exactly what to do! She called me over and asked for help, but uick as a button, Sammy's friends came over to help.
Kylly looked over to Sammy and said, look Sammy, you hold on to the beam like this and then you stand up like this.
Good job for helping your friend out, Kylie!
Sammy then went on and slide with her bottom over on the other balance beam. She looked up at me with a big smile and said, I can do it this way! 'Good on you Sammy! Very happy to see you keep on trying!

Is this okay as a learning story?

Can someone PLEASE help me with an evaluation for this learning story, please?! Really no Idea what the evaluation is! Never done this before!
Someone at one of the centres said I can use the EYLF related to this story as an evaluation? Is that correct?!

Also, they asked what could have been done differently? Can u guys help with that, please?

What do they mean by what occured during the play events? Is that what I wrote in the learning story?

And the EYLF - I've got Outcome 1, Outcome 2 and Outcome 4. Is that the correct ones?

Thnx very much for your help!

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Cert III in children's services

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:30 pm

Leo immediately went to have a go at the climbing wall and Melissa tried her balance on the balance beam. Oscar went for the hanging bridge…

How did Leo climb the hanging wall? Did he use two hands to pull himself up? Did Melissa stick both her hands out when trying to balance? How did Oscar cross the hanging bridge? You need to be more specific.
Sammy tried to stand up on the balance beam but did not know exactly what to do!

How did she try and stand up? Did she put both her feet together or apart? Did she loose her balance as she stood up?
Kylly looked over to Sammy and said, look Sammy, you hold on to the beam like this and then you stand up like this.

Use words to describe how Kylly showed Sammy how to hold onto the beam. Did she use one hand or two hands? How was she standing on top of the beam?

When writing a learning story you need to be more specific, at the moment it is very generalized. When reading a learning story we should be able to imagine what is taking place throughout the experience.

Here is a tutorial on how to write a learning story and evaluate it using the learning outcomes.

How To Write A Learning Story

Hope This Helps,

:geek:,
L.A

nicoletteb

Re: CHCFC502 - Gross Motor Learning Story

Post by nicoletteb » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Thnx for that! I'll have a look at that! Really appreciate your help!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:22 pm

Hi Nicoletteb - Just to add to that I would definitely have outcome 3 from the eylf for a gross motor activity. Children have a strong sense of well-being. One of the indicators for this outcome is child uses gross motor skills.
Hope that is helpful
Cathiek

nicoletteb

Post by nicoletteb » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 pm

thank you