CHCFC301A- support the development of children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
anjakoshka

CHCFC301A- support the development of children

Post by anjakoshka » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Can anyone help me add to my answers? I don't think what I said is enough. Thank you :)

Case studies/Scenarios 1 (CS1)

The babies and toddlers have been grouped together for the end of the day. You have three two and half year old boys, a ten month old boy and a 14 month old girl. They are in a play area and their parents are not expected for another hour.

What activities/equipment would you set up for them?
I could set up the room with lots of inviting toys: some soft toys and ones that make noise for the younger kids and more educational toys like puzzles and easy musical instruments for older children. I'd provide them with play dough and paper as well as crayons to draw. I'd print out worksheets for the older children to colour. Make sure older kids' toys are out of reach from the babies.

What activities could they engage in together?
Some activities they could engage in together are singing, drawing, being read to and painting.

What safety issues would you need to be aware of?
Babies may try to reach for older kids' toys are could be in danger of swallowing them or hurting themselves. You'll need to make sure that toddlers won't accidentally hurt the younger children.

What guidelines would you establish for the toddlers?
I'd establish the guidelines where toddlers will not play with babies' toys, and make sure they don't leave their toys in the way of the babies.