CHCFC301A - Providing Fine & Gross Motor Activities On A Daily Basis

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Dipika

CHCFC301A - Providing Fine & Gross Motor Activities On A Daily Basis

Post by Dipika » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:16 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCFC301A- SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Consider the routines and activities that are provided in your service. Of the gross and fine motor skills you have listed, highlight the ones that are not provided for daily.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
There are lots of opportunity of the Gross and fine motor skills are provided every day at the centre but they also have to think of Time, space, safety, people and resources too. So each day Educators choose a few experiences and activities of indoor and outdoor, in groups and solitary play. As children of today live in a very busy world where there is never enough time. They may arrive in the centre having been suddenly wakened, rushed through breakfast and dressed hurriedly. When they leave your care they may be raced off to dinner, bath and bed
Please help me, As I do not know that what activities are not provided every day? and why?

Description and Message:
Hello, I am new to this website, I have done all my assignment and they are marked and I got good remark successfully. This is my last assignment and I though I better ask someone experienced before I do it wrong.
Please help me
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCFC301A - Providing Fine & Gross Motor Activities On A Daily Basis

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:00 am

I am providing you with a list of fine motors and gross motor development of children from 0 to 6 years old. From this checklist you'll able to see what types of fine motor and gross motor skills children are developing based on their age. Within your centre you should be offering children a wide variety of fine motor and gross motor activities that can be used for developing their skills and abilities. For example: ball play, running, play dough, building blocks, sewing cards, puzzle play, climbing and jumping off beams and equipment and much more. Using these examples and the information provided you can determine which ones are missing.

Fine and Gross motor Development

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Dipika

Post by Dipika » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Lorina,
Thanks for the reply and supplying with all this usefull information, I did read it all but I am still not sure .

Please guide me
(fine motor skills )sewing, playing with beads, cutting and using scissors, hammer and nails.
Gross motor skills like skipping, bouncing on a trampoline, swinging, avoid collecting water in buckets (limited use of water) .
I am I on right track, please reply.

Kind Regards

Deepika

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:40 am

Hi Deepika,

Yes, you're on the right track with your response. The activities you mentioned are both fine and motor skills activities. In most centres only some of the experiences are only provided for the children throughout the week rather than on a daily basis. On a daily basis, fine motor activities should include: play dough, threading, puzzles, drawing, cutting with scissors (older children) and this helps to strengthen children hand muscles. For gross motor activities on a daily basis children should be able to run, play ball games (kick, catch and throw), climb all to strengthen their big muscles (legs and arms).

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Dipika

Post by Dipika » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:50 pm

Thank You Lorina :)