CHCECE006 - Scenario: Rhian - Refusing To Use The Toilet

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
niddy71
Participator
Participator

CHCECE006 - Scenario: Rhian - Refusing To Use The Toilet

Post by niddy71 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Case study 3
Rhian is a five-year-old girl who has just migrated with her family from Iran as a refugee. She attends your service twice a week and she is experiencing difficulty in forming friendships with the other children as she frequently wets her pants. At first, you assumed she was nervous and was forgetting to go to the toilet, but now you are wondering whether there is some other cause of her incontinence. You approach your Director to ask if there were any toileting issues identified at enrolment and find there were not. You decide to start a ‘Star Chart’ for her to reward every successful day without wetting herself. This is a dismal failure. You then try offering her stamps as a reward. After a few weeks, you decide to speak to her mother again about the problem because you have noticed that Rhian is deliberately restricting the amount of fluid she drinks through the day.
Rhian’s mother still insists that she is toilet trained and there must be something at the service that is stopping her from using the toilet. She asks to look again at the toilet and walks towards the staff toilet. You call her back and guide her to the children’s toilets, which are communal and open. The problem was evident immediately to Rhian’s mother; she explains that in Iran it is considered very shameful to go to the toilet where others can see you, so Rhian would not use the children’s toilet no matter what reward she was offered.

Question.....4. Which learning outcomes from the Early Years Learning Framework are not being met for Rhian?

I have put these but not sure if I am on the right track..

Answer....I believe the learning outcomes not being met for Rhian are

Learning Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
1.1 Children feel safe, secure, and supported.
1.1.3 Children sense and respond to a feeling of belonging
1.1.5 Children establish and maintain respectful, trusting relationships with other children and educators
1.1.9 Children confidently explore and engage with social and physical environments through relationships and play
1.1.10 Children initiate and join in play

Any input would be great...

Nadine...:-)

Lorina

Re: CHCECE006 - Scenario: Rhian - Refusing To Use The Toilet

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:26 am

Also:

Learning Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Learning Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing

:geek:,
Lorina

niddy71
Participator
Participator

Post by niddy71 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:02 am

Thanks Lorina...

I figured them out as well ....:)

N...:-)

AJAY THACKER

Post by AJAY THACKER » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:48 am

Hi

Lorina,

Can you please help me to get answer for below question.

Francis talks with children when they are upset or angry and provides them with developmentally appropriate resources that will provide comfort such as rag dolls, dens and cubbies, dramatic play opportunities etc Which Learning outcome will this cover and why?

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks