CHCECE005 - Scenario: Child Not Allowed On The Ground

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Giginups

CHCECE005 - Scenario: Child Not Allowed On The Ground

Post by Giginups » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:25 am

Hi, I'm new to this forum and hoping that someone can help me out. Ihave completed my assignment except one question that i'm not too sure about.

Question:
The new parent of an 8 week old baby tells you that in their culture their babies do not go on the ground, but are carried around until they are 6 months old.

My answer would be:
I would work with the parent/s to create an outcome we were both happy with. I could suggest that instead of putting the baby onto the ground, is the parent/s happy for us to put the baby in a safe playpen, rug (to what degree does their culture allow the baby to not go on the ground). I would also consult my team leader/director for other solutions before having the conversation with the parent/s.

Lorina

Re: CHCECE005 - Scenario: Child Not Allowed On The Ground

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Yes, I think you're on the right track... you could also let the parents know that the benefits th child gains from being on the ground such as body control, strengthening muscles etc. However you have maintain respect since it is part of their culture so sensitivity is required...

:geek:,
Lorina

Giginups

Post by Giginups » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks Lorina :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:40 am

You're welcome!

:geek:,
Lorina