CHCECE001 - Scenario: Learning Through Lunch

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Lissa Candy

CHCECE001 - Scenario: Learning Through Lunch

Post by Lissa Candy » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Learning through Lunch
Anne, the Educator in the 4 - 5 year old room is sitting with a small group of children at the lunch table. When Jacob (4 years 6 months) opens his lunchbox he exclaims excitedly “Look Anne, I have triangle sandwiches today!” “So you do” says Anne, “I have biscuits today and they are a rectangle shape. I wonder what everyone else has.” The group continued discussing the contents of their lunchboxes and the variety of foods that everyone has brought. Anne provokes the children to notice the shapes and sizes of different foods and compare them. They discover that Lee’s sushi is round like Georgia’s crackers; that bananas are a crescent shape like the moon; and that apples have a star shape in the middle of them when you cut them in half. After much discussion and debate it was decided that Kahlia’s rice was an oval shape.

Suggest an experience that Anne could plan to follow on from this discussion.

Give the children permission to dream.
Give them a few (only a few) non-negotiables, and let them go for it! See what they come up with. It may give you some insight into how
they are thinking and what changes you may be able to implement. Ask about differences, color, texture,size and taste.
Am i on the right track? Thank you

Lorina

Re: CHCECE001 - Scenario: Learning Through Lunch

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:42 pm

You need to come up with a specific activity that the children can engage in... Such as "Pattern Blocks with Pattern Cards" or "Shape Mosaics" or "Creating Shape Pictures" etc.

:geek:,
Lorina