CHCCS400C Work within a legal and ethical framework

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mill

CHCCS400C Work within a legal and ethical framework

Post by mill » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400C Work within a legal and ethical framework
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Read each scenario and suggest a prompt solution to the problem.
a. Yesterday you promised to build a cubby outdoors with the preschool children but it’s raining heavily.
Solution:

b. You are on early shift and yesterday you were asked by your supervisor to set up finger painting on the verandah. It’s an extremely windy day and very unpleasant on the verandah.
Solution:

c. You are the first to go to morning tea and discover that the kettle in the staff room is broken.
Solution:

d. You arrive on early shift to find the garbage bins which were put out the night before have not been collected. You look along the street and see that others have been emptied.
Solution:

e. You are driving to work ready for the early shift. There is an accident ahead and you are stuck in a long line of traffic which has come to a halt.
Solution:

f. You are on the late shift. It is dark and you are at the centre with one other team member and 10 children. You notice two men climbing over the back fence.
Solution:

g. As you are setting up outside you notice that one of the trikes has a wobbly wheel.
Solution:

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
could someone help with my answer, is it right?
a. build cubby house indoor
b set up the finger painting inside
c inform the director, buy a new one immediately
d. inform the director
e call the centre you are stuck in the traffic, can someone cover shift for a while
f call the police
g inform the director

Description and Message:
Please help thank you

Lorina

Re: CHCCS400C Work within a legal and ethical framework

Post by Lorina » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:54 pm

Yes, I think you're on the right track with your response. Just a couple I would change...

f) I would safely and calmly move all the children into one room, quickly lock all the doors that are accessible from the outside, inform any parents already at the centre, call the police, inform the director.

g) Use a screwdriver to try and screw the wheel back into place or put it back into the shed to be fixed and inform the director.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

Gulgunu

Post by Gulgunu » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:49 am

Q. Identify five key policies and /or legislation relevant to a child care and where to find them.
Please help with the answer

hamsa hemanth

Post by hamsa hemanth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:42 am

A policies is a line of action adopted from other considerations such as govrnament legislation to guide and detemine present and future decisions.
1. Administrative requiremenats
2. child number requiremeants
3. staffing requiremeants
4. facilities and equipment requirements
5. Area are covered by the regulation

hamsa hemanth

Post by hamsa hemanth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:48 am

hi there is any one can help to complete case studies 3 chccs400c.i have been stuck in this
you have been asked by your sewing club to assist in open day. the swing club has also asked to prepare a flyer to publicist the event and distribute the copies. you do not have a computer at home so you come in to work place early and use work computer and printer to run off copies for swing club activities. during the morning you need to make some phone call to organise the other friends and you use the phone at work. do you think that this behavior was reasonable? explain.
thank you

hamsa hemanth

Post by hamsa hemanth » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:01 pm

hi i stuck in this question
1. in child care environment much of the information would be considered to be highly sensitive. list 3 different pieces of sensitive information a child care center would store?

2. who would you clarify you award condition with so you make sure you receive correct payment?
please help me on this...

hamsa hemanth

Re:HLTWHS300A

Post by hamsa hemanth » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:07 pm

hi guys plz help me to answer this case studies.
at 5 pm the chairs in preschool room are cleaned and stacked against the wall so the floors can be swept and washed & the table cleaned throughly. there are only a small group of children left at this time so they play on the mat with one staff member whil the other cleans the table area. on friday 4 year old jack knocked over a stack of chairs and injured his leg.

what forms need to be completed about jack's accident and by whom?

who needs to be informed?

what wh&s issues are involved here?

what action could you taken to avoid this situation?

roshani

Post by roshani » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:34 pm

hello can any one help me with this question....
6 examples of practices and behaviours which demonstrate that childcare work is being undertaken ethically.

I tried to answer this question but I didn't get any good answer in my mind. I found few answers but I'm quiet not sure about them.
1. We should protect the rights of client
2. Treat all clients equally
3. Report unethical behavior
please help me..

Maria1984

Post by Maria1984 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello there can csome one help me with the below question plzzz...

at 5 pm the chairs in preschool room are cleaned and stacked against the wall so the floors can be swept and washed & the table cleaned throughly. there are only a small group of children left at this time so they play on the mat with one staff member whil the other cleans the table area. on friday 4 year old jack knocked over a stack of chairs and injured his leg.

what forms need to be completed about jack's accident and by whom?

who needs to be informed?

what wh&s issues are involved here?

what action could you taken to avoid this situation? -

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:31 am

Please attempt to respond to the question to receive support.

The following information ma help you get started...

http://www.deir.qld.gov.au/workplace/la ... 0gmqPlT7qs

:geek:,
L.A

Seka96

Post by Seka96 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:17 pm

Have no idea how to do this, please help!

Develop a Resource Booklet
For this task you are required to collect resources/useful information that cover:
o Overview of the legal system
o Principles and practices for upholding the rights of the children and young people
o Principles of ethical decision-making
o Reporting mechanisms for suspected abuse of a client
o Strategies for managing abuse of a client
o Types of abuse experienced by client (including systems abuse)
o Types of law

nikki6
Participator
Participator

Post by nikki6 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:24 pm

Hi I need help on this question please

What policy/policies and procedures do you adhere to when dealing with suspected abuse? And what is the process of development and review of policies?