CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: Joseph - Online Mandatory Reporter Guide For NSW

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
samanthajayne

CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: Joseph - Online Mandatory Reporter Guide For NSW

Post by samanthajayne » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:43 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILD401B
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
Case Study 3
Joseph
Personal Information about Joseph
Date of Birth: 31/10/04
Full Name: Joseph Timothy Drake
Address: 13 Short St, Parker
Languages spoken: Chinese and English
Nationality: Chinese
Other children: Only child
Mother: Lis’s (09) 7476 9435
Partner: Jake (no number provided)
Joseph is 5 years old and comes to your centre every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. He lives with his mother Lis. You have noticed that Joseph often seems to take the role of caregiver to his mother, who has a series of failed relationships and is currently seeing Jake. Jake has never come into the service. Lis has become particularly close to one of the staff and will often break down and inform the staff member of the fights she has with her partner. Last week, one of the staff overheard Lis recount the events of the previous weekend, when she hadn’t had left the key under the door mat. As a result, her boyfriend broke the front door and came in yelling at Lis. Joseph was still up with her at this time, and Lis continued to say that she was worried Joseph had seen her get hit several times by Jake. Lis appears increasingly concerned that he might do something to Joseph as he keeps threatening her and arriving late at night after drinking. It has been observed that Joseph does not interact with other children as much as he used to and will often lash out if another child approaches his play area.
Just recently, Joseph had come in and sat in the corner of the room, facing the wall for over an hour. Staff tried to approach him however he would lash out towards them then return to the corner. His mother mentioned to staff that he was very upset as Jake had come home late again and there had been some trouble. Later in the morning you were able to talk to Joseph and realised that he had wet himself. In the process of assisting Joseph to get changed, a large purple impact bruise was observed on the right hand side of his back. Joseph said nothing and made no eye contact with you during this time.

1b. Important for NSW students only You must complete the Mandatory Reporters Guide in relation to Joseph. At the end of the decision report you will be asked to click to generate a report. Do this to open up the PDF report and print or save to your computer to attach with this assessment. You cannot make a report by clicking this it only provides a printed report for your records. All mandatory reporters must call 133627 to make a report in NSW.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Im unsure of this question as I have searched and searched on my states (qld) mandatory reporting website but I cannot find it.

I know that theses sites are where I'm meant to be but I dont know how to fill out a Mandatory Reporters Guide?
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/child ... protection
http://www.communities.qld.gov.au/child ... -reporting

Description and Message:
If anyone could assist me as to were I can find the link that would be a lot of help!

Thank you,
Sam.
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: – CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: Joseph - Online Mandatory Reporter Guide For NSW

Post by Lorina » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:13 am

I found it: http://sdm.community.nsw.gov.au/mrg/scr ... user=guest

I also have a pdf copy for you:

[attachment=0]mandatory_reporter_guide.pdf[/attachment]
It says in your question that it should be filled out for NSW students only and I noticed you're in QLD...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.