CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: John

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
marichi

CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: John

Post by marichi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:05 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILD401B- identify & respond to children & young people at risk
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
You are the assistant in Toddler's Room: John arrives on Monday morning with a number of bruises on his legs and a graze on his left knee. Some of the bruises on John's legs look old, while others look quite recent. John's father tells you that John fell off his bicycle yesterday. You look at John & he nods his head to indicate yes. The bruises on his legs could be consistent with a fall. a) what type of abuse is likely to be occurring? b) in this situation how would you respond?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
a) I am thinking physical if they are recent and a lot of them , but then it could be from the fall. b) Once dad has gone I will tell centre director to have a look and ask John when on his own if bruises hurt, check them out and wait if he tells us if he did fall off bike. That is all I have.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: case study scenario 5

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:52 am

You cant really jump to the conclusion that he is being abused because it could be just a fall. I would talk to the director, take photos of the bruises, write down the response of the child and father, maybe talk to the child openly about his bike see if he mentions anything... Keep it in mind and check throughout the coming weeks...

:geek:,
L.A

marichi

Re: CHCCHILD401B - Scenario: John

Post by marichi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:30 am

thanks for ur help. :-)