CHCCHILD401B - Child Focused Practices On Scenarios

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
sweetie

CHCCHILD401B - Child Focused Practices On Scenarios

Post by sweetie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILD401B Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi there, I desperately need help with one of the last questions on my assignment. Im doing a course online through a small company and the assignments are different, so finding help is very hard. My anxiety is unfortunetly starting to get the better of me with this question as deadline is tomorrow to get it in, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is the Question. Provide examples of how you would use child focused practices -

Communicating with children -

Maintaining inclusiveness of children in participatory decision making process -

Making special allowances to meet the needs of children -

Developing ways of engaging children -

Following practices that show you are aware that children are your services primary clients and their needs come first -

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
So far all i have is for
Showing awareness and sensitivity to childrens needs - an example of this is - 'Mathea' is dairy and wheat intolerant. Which means when a parent brings in a cake to celebrate a childs birthday she has to miss out due to her allergies. Organising with her parents to bring in a cupcake etc for her that can be kept in the freezer and used for her on these occasions will assure that she feels included.

:( and im stressing out! i completely understand child focused practices and what it means but i just cant think of examples. Ive been stuck on this for days now. I dont even know if my above answer is even on the right track as to what theyre asking.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD401B - Child Focused Practices On Scenarios

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:48 am

I've got some info which may help:

Work With A Child focused Approach (page 10)
[attachment=0]child_focus_practices.docx[/attachment]
:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sweetie

Re: CHCCHILD401B - Child Focused Practices On Scenarios

Post by sweetie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks for the info it was a great read :-) I guess im jusy finding it hard to think of scenarios fitting for a childcare as ive never worked in one. So this question is really doing my head in!

Thanks again though I appreciate it