CHC30113 - Social Networking Posts About Educators

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
deziyare

CHC30113 - Social Networking Posts About Educators

Post by deziyare » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi, im sturggling to find a good answer for part B of this case. Could you please help me, and also check over part A please

You are friends with a co-worker on a social networking site. Over the past few weeks you have noticed posts on her page about other staff where you work. These posts are derogatory and inappropriate.

A. How would you respond to the actions of your co-worker? What would be the appropriate action to take?
Kindly speak to the co-worker letting her know that the posts she has been putting up are not appropriate and if the worker that these are aimed at were to find out they could upset her and if the manager were to find out it could also jeopardise her job.
If she doesn’t stop after I have spoken to her first, then I would speak to the centre manager about it.

B. What could you do to educate staff about appropriate social media behaviour? What 2 simple actions you would take to inform your team about appropriate social media behaviours?

Lorina

Re: CHC30113 - Social Networking Posts About Educators

Post by Lorina » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:44 pm

Yes, you're on the right track with your response!

For b) maybe you could have a team discussion on how each person would react if they were to read mean posts about themselves on other people's page. Have a childcare policy written up on staff using social media, find some information on social media etiquette and give it to the staff to read...

:geek:,
Lorina