case study

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
shanti.graham

case study

Post by shanti.graham » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:59 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILD401B – Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Basic Knowledge

Your Question?
the scenario is:

Jamelle is a 14 month old toddler. She attends the centre 3 days a week and recently her mother who works 2 days a week has been trying to get extra days at the centre for Jamelle.
Jamelle is a very timid baby, rarely smiles and does not interact with other infants during play time. It has been noted by staff that Jamelle has had several large bruises which Jamelle’s mother has explained as accidents that had occurred whilst Jamelle was attempting to walk by herself. Staff do not feel the bruises are from falls due to the shape and sizes.
Jamelle often arrives at the centre wearing her night nappy, smelling strongly of stale urine, her skin appears dirty and unwashed. There is often no fresh change of clothing in Jamelle’s bag.
When Jamelle was brought into the child care centre this morning, she had bloodshot eyes and was very drowsy. Jamelle’s mother reported that Jamelle had not slept well that night and would probably need a lot of sleep today.

Question is: In relation to Children and Families, what are your ethical responsibilities in this situation? (Access the Code of Ethics to support your answer).

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
my answer 1: My ethical responsibilities are to act in the child’s best interest while at the same time make sure that this situation is kept confidential

My answer 2: My ethical responsibilities are to act in the child’s best interest while, be sensitive to the vulnerabilities of children and families and respond in ways that empower and maintain the dignity of all My ethical responsibilities are to act in the child’s best interest while, be sensitive to the vulnerabilities of children and families and respond in ways that empower and maintain the dignity of all

Description and Message:
Both my answers are saying the same thing, but which is more correct and or, do i need to add anything in?
thank you :)

Lorina

Re: case study

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 am

Check out the code of ethics in the following link for more information on what to include:

http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org. ... b_2010.pdf

:geek:,
L.A