Behaviour to show that you can cooperate in team

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Daye
Helper
Helper

Behaviour to show that you can cooperate in team

Post by Daye » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:45 am

Question:

List three (3) examples of behaviour that others may see that wouild indicate that you can work cooperatively within a team.

Answers:
1) Someone who is respectful and appreciative of the values, knowledge and skills of others.
2) Someone who knows how to understand others feeeling and respects other point of view.
3) Someone who knows how to engage in active listening.
4) Someone who knows how to solve conflict positively.
5) Someone who knows how to solve problem collaborately.

2. Give three(3) exampled of ways to promote environmental sustainability in a service.
Answers:
1) Engage children in discussions about environmental sustainability practices such how a garbage bin is full, how food and scraps,left over after meal time.
2) Encourage children to participate in a recycling program ( recycling bins for cardboard,plastic and paper) or involve them in developing new strategies for recycling materials.
3. Use a worm farm or composting bin to reduce food waste within the service.Encourage children to place food scraps into separate container for use of a worm farm/composting bin.

3. In you own words,describe what is meant by "duty of care" in relation to your role as an educator.

Answer:
For me duty of care means doing the best thing as you can as an educator to ensure the safety and well being of children.It is looking out for the safety and well being of children under your care to minimise any possible harm.Some of our duty of care as an educator is to supervised children at all times like for example supervising them when they are outdoor, ensuring children are supervised when they are playing outside ensuring that the sun-safe policy is being followed.

4. Give a brief explanation of the purpose of service philosophy statement.

Answer:

The purpose of the service philosophy statement is to guide every aspect of the operation of the service as it outlines the service beliefs and practices.It represents the values and ideals of the service and outlines what the service believes in, and how they put into practice the beliefs that they have. Philosophy statement is developed through the collaboration of the stakeholders, the professionals or staff, families and children.It is not only a mission but it states what the service wants to achieve in providing quality care to children.It reflects individual beliefs and values and explore how beliefs and values shapes opinions.

Pls.check.by the way is it alright Lorina if I used the example that youve written about sustainability? Or I will change it?thanks

Lorina

Re: Behaviour to show that you can cooperate in team

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Good responses! :thumbup:
List three (3) examples of behaviour that others may see that would indicate that you can work cooperatively within a team

Your response is fine but you need to change it to you... rather than "someone".

is it alright Lorina if I used the example that youve written about sustainability?

Happy for you to use it, just reference to the article in your submitted response...

:geek:,
Lorina

Daye
Helper
Helper

Post by Daye » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:51 pm

Ok Lorina I will change the environmental sustainabilty, its good that you have an article about that.thank you so much for your help as I was in a hurry to finished assessment 1,2,3 for I will be visiting my dad who has kidney problem.I really appreciate you being around.I could make it up this far without your help

Daye
Helper
Helper

Post by Daye » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 pm

1) conserving water and collecting rain water.
2) Gardening project in the centre....planting vegetables and fruits and then harvesting and cooking it together with children.
3. Reducing food wastage and talking about the value of food to childre.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:20 pm

All good! :thumbup:

You're doing all the work! I'm just reading your responses! :giggle:

Go and spend some quality time with your dad!!

:geek:,
Lorina