Assessment Task 3

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lorena_mcculloch

Assessment Task 3

Post by lorena_mcculloch » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:02 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: SS070 Legislation 2
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi everyone,
I am on my last book for my Cert 3 and i'm not sure about my answer for the task.. With reference to the Nationla regulations: 1.State the staff: Child ratios reuired for:

2. What specific staff qualifications are required when children under the age of 2 are on the premises? this is from qld...
3. What process would you follow if you thought child: staff ratios were incorrect?
4. What is the minimum number of staff are required on the premises whilst are in attendance?
5. What qualification other than children services/early childhood is at least one staff member on the premises required to have?
6. In your own words explain what you must do at work to ensure you meet your duty of care obligations.
7. In relation to duty of care, what proof is required to establish negligence?
8. The primary purpose of childrens services regulations is to ensure minimum standards of care and protect young children from harm. List the key area covered by these regulations.
9. When does mandatory reporting apply?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
1.Age group:0-2 Staff: Child ratios- Answer is 1:4
2-3 years 1:6
3-5 1:12
State the number of staff required to care for the folliwing numbers of children:
No. & Age group Minimum staff numbers
8 children 0-2 years Answer- 4
10 children2-3 years Answer 5
20 children 3-5 years Answer 6

2. If children under 2 years of age are in attendance at the centre, at least one primary contact staff member should have a Diploma of Community Services (Children's Services) from a registered training organisation (or some other approved qualification). The minimum number of staff required is dependent on the age and number of children in care.
3. Verify ratios with the regulations and adjust accordingly.
4.There must be 2 primary contact staff on the premises whenever children are present.
5. One staff member must have First Aid training course.
6. Give the well being of the children my priority.
7. Proof that any harm was a result of a breach of duty and that the harm would not have happened if the carer has acted responsibility.

Description and Message:
I cannot think of an answer to question 8 and 9. If someone could help me or explain to me will be very much appreciated..
Have a great day...
Regards,
Lorena

Kaz
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Assessment Task 3

Post by Kaz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:09 pm

Hi Lorena I am not sure if this is what your looking for as I am not up to this area yet, but will be soon.
Got to this link and see if it helps you: http://www.aifs.gov.au/cfca/pubs/factsheets/a141787/