CHCECE031 | Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing CHCECE032 | Nurture babies and toddlers Question

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
JShuttleworth

CHCECE031 | Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing CHCECE032 | Nurture babies and toddlers Question

Post by JShuttleworth » Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:59 pm

I have nearly completed the assessment for this, but I am stuck on one portion.

11. For each dietary requirement need below, identify one common feature of each and the implication if you do not follow the child’s needs? -
- Halal
- Peanut Allergy
- Lent
- Restrictions related to Aboriginal totems

I know that peanut allergy could result in a variety of reactions, including anaphyalxis. But I can't find anything to help me answer the rest.

TIA!

doak

Re: CHCECE031 | Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing CHCECE032 | Nurture babies and toddlers Question

Post by doak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:38 pm

Hi i am feeling like i am not answering this question correct would anyone be able to review and let me know if i am answering correctly please.

Using your own words, briefly explain what must be considered in relation to the use, disclosure and confidentiality of records and information in an early childhood service.

information based on food allergies, certain illnesses like asthma would be recommended to have all staff aware and to make sure that prevention to the children having anything happen to them and if something does happen then there would be a plan in place.

confidential information like Adress, family's history, medical information is to be kept confidential and only for the center director and the educator looking after the children to have knowledge off and should be kept in a filing cabinet that is looked at all times.

thank you

Lorina

Re: CHCECE031 | Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing CHCECE032 | Nurture babies and toddlers Question

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:53 am

Yes you're on the right track...

Also confidential information shouldn't be shared with other families or be kept where other families may view.

:geek:,
Lorina

Mandy91

Post by Mandy91 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:34 pm

Hi guys,

Can I grab some help with this reflection question please.

Reflect on why it is important to talk with children about how their bodies work and the importance of physical activity?

Thank you for any help people can give.

pinabthakkar

Post by pinabthakkar » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:21 am

For Halal diets, the big thing is no pork and making sure meat is prepared a certain way. If you don't follow this, it could really upset someone who follows these dietary laws because of their religion.

soulahoin

Post by soulahoin » Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:41 am

With Aboriginal totem restrictions, it's all about cultural respect. These diets are tied to deep beliefs, so ignoring them can be really hurtful to the child and their community.

It's all about making sure kids feel understood and respected, no matter their background. This is really important for children's health - not just physically, but emotionally and culturally too

jenniferluke1001

Post by jenniferluke1001 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:10 pm

So, with Halal, it's all about respecting Islamic dietary laws, steering clear of stuff like pork and alcohol. If you don't follow it, you could end up disrespecting the child's religious beliefs. Then there's Lent, where Christians might give up certain foods like meat. Not sticking to this could clash with family traditions.