Site Announcements

Welcome To AussieChildcareNetwork.com!

At the moment you are viewing as a guest... For more features click here to Register and participate in our Forum discussions, create articles in our Wiki, browse through our Printables, Gallery and download Online EYLF Tools Templates...

CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Need help with assignments? Having trouble finding information? This is a support forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.

Moderator: Support Team

Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: When requesting support for Assignment Questions, please add your answers (or) make an attempt with your responses in order to receive support from others. Do not simply post only questions expecting to receive an answer! You will not receive any support if you do not include your response to each of the questions you've asked.

CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Postby magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:51 pm

2.1 For this task you need to make a poster or slide show depicting the key elements of a quality physical environment for infants and toddlers.

2.2 Under each image you will need to briefly explain aspects of the environment/experience that supports one or more of the points below

Your presentation should include images of play environments and experiences that:
-Offer an abundance of sensory stimulation
-Be safe for exploration
-Support independence
-Support mastery of major physical milestones

Has anybody done this?? I would love some advice or ideas on how i should go about setting this out and what i need to include.
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Nickname: Sin70
Profession: Parent, Student & Childcare Professional
State: QLD

Re: CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Postby magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Any advice would be appreciated!
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Re: CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Postby syakira » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:35 pm

For my certificate three I had to make toys made from recycled materials and it was so hard because I had to sew it by hand.

Your assignment it very easy.

There are a lot of activities that you can set up so infants and toddlers can do independently

Infants
- Table set up of Dinosaurs using fake grass and natural resources such as wooden logs
- Table set up of Large Lego's using a black table cloth
- Home corner as in kitchen, provide plastic fruit and vegies, there's also pieces that you can stick together using Velcro, for example putting a cake together
- mini shelf with building blocks and train track set
- Have a basket filled with soft pieces of satin fabric
- Soft toys of different sizes and also puppets
- board books with different textures such as sandpaper, ribbed card board etc
- Baby Toys Bead and wire structures (4 of it) displayed on the table (infants height) using a table cloth. To prevent the table cloth from moving, use a large string (thick) to tie around the table.

Toddlers
- peg board displayed on the table
- dolls house with dolls dressed in work uniforms, dolls of different skin tones
- rainbow hammer pegs (google in images if you're not sure what it is)
- Shopping corner with trolley, cash register, shopping baskets, fake laminated money, empty margarine containers etc.
- home corner kitchen using real pots and kettles
- lacing beads
- stacking ring
- dress ups using clothes with different textures
- play music and attach streamers on wrists so toddlers can dance, play music that they are familiar with
- large wooden blocks
- lego table
- On a shelf, wooden blocks, large trains, trucks, cars, fake flowers, fabric pieces, fake grass
- display of farm animals on the table with fake grass
- puzzles of pictures that toddlers are familiar with like milk, bananas, apple, orange

GOOD LUCK with your assignment ! !
syakira
Helper
Progress to next rank:
66%

Nickname: Syakira
Profession: Childcare Professional & Student
State: VIC

Postby magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks Syakira. I just needed ideas for how to set out my poster, what sort of photos i needed to find and what sort of things i needed to write about the photos.
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Postby magpies1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 pm

Would appreciate any ideas for 'what sort of images' i could place on my poster that cover the following:
-Offer an abundance of sensory stimulation
-Be safe for exploration
-Support independence
-Support mastery of major physical milestones

This is one of my last pre-requisite (cert 3) assignments before i continue onto my diploma so I'm keen to get it done asap.
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Postby PaigeLePierres » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 pm

i am also stuck on this one. i have to make a poster.
i have no idea what to even write with the pictures that i have found
PaigeLePierres
Progress to next rank:
35%

Nickname: Paige

Postby magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

I placed the pictures under each heading. I don't recall writing anything on my poster apart from the headings.
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Postby magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I just had a look. Under each photo, I wrote what they were doing in the picture and then 'support independence' or which ever one it related to. I passed.
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Postby magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Good Luck!! :)
magpies1
Participator
Progress to next rank:
33.3%

Postby PaigeLePierres » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am

mine says.

for this task you are required to make a poster showing key elements of a quality physical environment for infants and toddlers.

I have pictures of children playing nicely together. infant room setup. drawing and exploring.

My question is with the pictures i mentioned are they part of the key elements?
PaigeLePierres
Progress to next rank:
35%

Nickname: Paige

Next

Return to Certificate 3 in Children’s Services - Assignments Support