In these terms and conditions, "we", "us" "our" and "Aussie Childcare Network" means www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com (NSW). Please read these terms and conditions carefully as they apply to your use of the www.AussieChildcareNetwork.com website & Forum (the "website"). By accessing or using the website you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1) We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by updating this posting. The revised terms will take effect when they are posted.
2) You acknowledge and accept that the information contained on this website (the website information) may include inaccuracies. You acknowledge and accept that the website information is subject to change at any time and may not necessarily be up to date or accurate at the time you view it.
3) The Service is provided for informational purposes only, with no assurance that the any content found on the Service is true, correct, or accurate. No action should be taken, delayed, or deferred based on the anything found on the Service. The Service is not a substitute for medical advice, professional legal advice or a solicitation to offer legal advice regarding specific facts.
4) The Forum and Wiki is designed for Aussie Childcare Network members ("Members") to express their own thoughts, opinions and share their knowledge related to a child / childcare such as career in Childcare, working in Childcare, Tips & Hints, (or) pregnancy, birth, parenting, etc. The thoughts, information and opinions expressed on this Forum or Wiki (including the responses and the Private Message) are the thoughts and opinions of the participants and not those of Aussie Childcare Network. We do not endorse or support any posted thoughts or opinions or guarantee the accuracy of any of the information or facts appearing on the Forum or Wiki Articles.
5) Without limiting the above, the thoughts or opinions expressed are not those of the medical profession. If you have any queries or concerns or require any further professional advice about any of the material appearing on the Forum or Aussie Childcare Network Wiki, you should consult your doctor or health care professional.
6) Any medically related content, whether User Content or otherwise found on the Website, is not intended to be medical advice or instructions for medical diagnosis or treatment, and no physician-patient relationship is, or is intended to be, created. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or your local emergency number immediately. The Service is not a substitute for professional medical advice, examination, diagnosis, or treatment. You should not delay or forego seeking treatment for a medical condition or disregard professional medical advice based on any User Content or other content provided by or otherwise found on the Service. You should always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare professional before starting or changing treatment. The Service should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease without supervision of a doctor or qualified healthcare provider. The Service does not recommend or endorse any tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information found on the Service. The Service is not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration or any state or national medical board. Information posted to Aussie Childcare Network Wiki or Forum publicly or sent in an unsolicited message to a User is not confidential and does not establish a physician-patient relationship without the express consent of the User providing any medically related User Content.
7) You must not attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on this website. In using the Website, you must not:
8) You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities: (i) transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email; (ii) attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service; (iii) taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (iv) uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Service; (v) collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service; (vii) impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud; (viii) interfering with the proper working of the Service; (ix) accessing any content on the Service through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Service; or (x) bypassing the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein.
9) You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libellous, threatening, profane, obscene, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal (including, without limitation, the disclosure of insider information under securities law or of another party’s trade secrets); (vii) contains any information or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; or (viii) contains any information or content that you know is not correct and current. You agree that any User Content that you post does not and will not violate third-party rights of any kind, including without limitation any Intellectual Property Rights (as defined below) or rights of privacy. Aussie Childcare Network reserves the right, but is not obligated, to reject and/or remove any User Content that Aussie Childcare Network believes, in its sole discretion, violates these provisions or is otherwise inappropriate for the Service.
10) Aussie Childcare Network takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other User or third party posts or sends over the Service. You shall be solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it, and you agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. You understand and agree that you may be exposed to User Content that is inaccurate, objectionable, inappropriate for children, or otherwise unsuited to your purpose, and you agree that Aussie Childcare Network shall not be liable for any damages you allege to incur as a result of User Content.
11) We may without notice to you remove, amend, alter or deny access to any User-Generated Content or Content in its sole discretion if:
12) We may terminate these Terms and Conditions and your access to the Site, Wiki, Forum and Content at any time without notice. In the event of termination you must immediately cease accessing and using the Site, Wiki, Forum and Content and return any hard copies of the Content or destroy any hard copies and any other electronic copies of the Content within your control or possession. All restrictions imposed on you, licenses granted by you and all disclaimers, indemnities and limitations of liability set out in these Terms and Conditions will survive.
13) Members also expressly acknowledge and agree that the website is a means of public and not private communication, whereby information and images submitted to the public Forum and Wiki can be accessed by both Members and the general public. Due care should be taken when sharing private information and images with other Members in both the public Forum, Aussie Childcare Network Wiki and the Private Message area.
14) We have not reviewed any of the sites linked to the Website and are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to the Website. The inclusion of any link does not imply that we endorse the linked site.
15) We may from time to time and without notice, vary, modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any or the entire Website.
16) Messages sent via the Private Message area are intended for the recipient only. They are not to be copied into the public areas of the Forum. However they may be passed on to Aussie Childcare Network Admin or the moderator of the Forum for review. We reserve the right to move and lock threads and generally manage the structure of the information on the Forum & website as it sees fit.
17) You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Aussie Childcare Network Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. Aussie Childcare Network shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
18) Members are not allowed to advertise used (or) new goods or seek to purchase used (or) new goods from other Members. Members are not allowed to request information from other Members that will be used for the purpose of research, academic study or publication without first seeking the permission of the site administrators.
19) Members are not permitted to post any information to the Forum or Wiki using multiple usernames to log onto this website.
20) You may never use another User’s account without permission. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on your account, and you must keep your account password secure. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. You must notify Aussie Childcare Network immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. Aussie Childcare Network will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account.
21) Members who wish to report or discuss objectionable behavior by other Members may contact the Admin of the website either by sending an email using the contact form available on the website. Any discussions of this nature taking place on the public Forum will be removed.
22) When responding to posts in Forums, Members agree to provide constructive feedback and refrain from making personal criticisms of other Members.
23) We may suspend your membership or restrict your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Terms and Conditions. If deemed necessary by Aussie Childcare Network, you may be reported to the appropriate authorities.
24) We will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with:
25) If you make any Donation to our site, please note that the Donations received are not refundable. So while making any donations, please ensure that you confirm the correct amount you wish to donate before completing the process. We use the secure "PayPal" service for processing of payments for all Donations and we do not keep any records or information about your credit card details or bank account details.
26) It is your responsibility to ensure that you do not email or publicly display any credit card or bank account details to anyone on this site. Aussie Childcare Network takes no responsibility to any damage of any nature. Also please be advised that we would never email you or contact you in any ways asking for your credit card and bank account information.
27) As a registered user with Aussie Childcare Network, you are automatically subscribed to our Newsletter and other updates relating to your account or the site which you will receive via email. To unscubscribe, you must email the site administrator requesting for your account to be cancelled.
28) Our forums are powered by phpBB (hereinafter “they”, “them”, “their”, “phpBB software”, “www.phpbb.com”, “phpBB Group”, “phpBB Teams”) which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” (hereinafter “GPL”) and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
29) As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in our database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “AussieChildCareNetwork.com” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Governed by NSW law
(a) If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable part is to be given effect to the greatest extent possible and the remainder will remain in full force and effect.
(b) These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
(c) These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between us and you in relation to the Website and supersede all other (prior or contemporaneous) communications or displays whether electronic, oral, or written, between us and you in relation to the Website.
(d) Your use of the Website is conducted electronically and you agree that we may communicate with you electronically for all aspects of your use of the Website, including sending you electronic notices.
(e) The provisions of these terms and conditions which by their nature survive termination or expiry of these terms and conditions will survive termination or expiry of these terms and conditions.
(f) The word "including" when used in these terms and conditions is not a term of limitation.